How and Why You Should Install CDN with Your WordPress Website?
- July 17, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: CMS, WordPress
CDN – an overview
CDN stands for content delivery network. It is the preferred solution for optimization of websites on a global basis. The basic work of CDN is to send a cached file related to all media content to the hosting server. This is used to increase the speed of the WordPress blog. Basically, CDN is a network of servers and helps in reducing the overload of the main server. This is an imperative asset for WordPress Development when considering large scale operations.
- Why do we need CDN with our WordPress website?
When we have a huge amount of internet audience, our server gets down because of multiple users accessing the website and requesting for the same resources. This will lead to the reduction in the speed of the website and this will ultimately cause a poor user experience which is a strict no-no! This can be remedied when we install CDN. Always opt for WordPress Development that includes the installation of CDN.
2. User experience
Most companies find that after installing CDN, the bounce rate of the website drops down. Also, it increases the rate of pages viewed by the users. This is directly because users notice the improved speed of the website and thus their interest is not distracted by pages that are too slow to load. It is all about your products, services and website content now!
3. Crash resistance
With the help of CDN, we can distribute the server load to the multiple users. When we get 100% traffic on our website, we are likely to head towards a server crash in case the load isn’t distributed. Developing CDN along with WordPress Development for your website is a good idea to prevent server crashes.
4. SEO friendly
With CDN installed, your website is likely to sustain more user interest and thus the bounce rate as well as the time for which users stay on your website will increase. This will give your website better ranking in popular search engines. The site ranking can be improved by generating organic audience for your website and by the amount of organic traffic that flows into your website and stays on it. All this can be achieved through installation of CDN.
- CDN Installation Procedure
- First, click on the cloudfare icon that you find in the advance tab. Then set up a domain name as per your requirement. When your domain name is fixed, you need to click on the gray colored cloud icon. This completes your first step by setting up the primary CloudFlare protection.
2. If you need to do it manually, then log on to the official site http://www.cloudflare.com/ and sign up for a new account. A form will then appear which needs to be filled with the necessary information. Now you can easily add your website by entering the URL. After a few seconds,there will be a scanning process for all your documents and files, and you will be directed to another DNS zone file.
3. Finally, you will get two DNS servers in which you must replace one server in the domain name. This will be done on the dashboard. So, it may take 24 hours to get activated. With this you are done with CDN installation; it is that simple!
With this blog, we have brought to you the need for CDN installation and steps involved in installation of the CDN. CDN helps in boosting the speed of the website and reduces the load on the server. For WordPress Development, it is an essential step; if you are looking for WordPress Development, make sure that you go with the CDN installation as well.