Microsoft launches New Azure Backup and Recovery Services By Laitkor Infosolutions Azure development
- August 10, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Azure, Web App Development
Azure has two dissimilar deployment depictions for generating and working with resources. You need an Azure account to back up server or punter to Azure. If you don’t have one, you can create a free account in just a few minutes.
You can follow these steps:
Step 1: You can create a Recovery Services vault
• A recovery services vault is a unit that provisions all the backups and retrieval points you generate over time. The recovery services vault also comprehends the backup policy applied to the dwindling files and folders. When you create a Recovery services vault, you should also select the appropriate storage severance option. For Name, enter a friendly name to ascertain the vault. Click Subscription to see the reachable list of contributions. Click Resource group to see the existing list of Resource assortments, or click New to generate a new Resource group. Click Location to choose the geographic section for the vault. Then click on Create. It can take a while for the Recovery Services vault to be created.
• When you first generate a Recovery Services vault you regulate how storage is simulated. Your vault has geo-redundant storage by default. If you are using Azure as a primary backup’s storage endpoint, remain using geo-redundant storage.
Step 2: Download Files
• Enabling backups through the Azure portal is coming soon. At this time, you use the Microsoft Azure Recovery Agent on-premises to back up your files and folder.
• You can even download vault credentials
Step 3: Install and register the agent
• Complete the Microsoft Azure recovery service mediator setup Wizard.
• To complete the wizard, you need to:
– Select a location for the installation and cache folder
– Deliver your proxy server info if you use a proxy server to connect to the internet
– Provide your user name and password particulars if you use an authenticated proxy
– Provide the download vault authorizations
– Save the encryption passphrase in a secure location
Step 4: Complete the initial
• The preliminary backup embraces two key tasks:
– plan the backup
– Back up files and folders for the first time
• To complete the preliminary backup, you use the Microsoft Azure backup agent.To
• To agenda the backup, open the Microsoft Azure Backup mediator. You can discover it by searching your machine for Microsoft Azure backup. In the backup agent, click Schedule Backup.
Microsoft announced new features for its Azure Backup service. In addition, the company is beginning new functionalities for its Azure site recovery service into preview. The company is evidently gearing both of these amenities toward enterprises and notes that they will be expressly interesting to companies making the move to hybrid cloud deployments. Using Azure Backup, business can guarantee them SharePoint, Exchange, SQL Server, Windows clients and Hyper- V virtual machines applications are always backed up.
Similarly enterprises can use Site recovery to safeguard their VMware virtual machines and servers on Azure. The service allows business to remote monitor the health of their machines and creates customizable recovery plans.
Microsoft azure Backup Server necessitates SQL Server Standard, and the Azure Backup Server installation package comes bundled with the fitting SQL Server binaries needed. With the introduction of Microsoft Azure Backup server (MABS), you can protect application workloads such as Hyper-V VMs, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange and Windows clients to Disk and Azure.
For any of your Azure development related queries, do contact us for assistance.