AWS Transcoding POCPOC (Proof of Concept)
The POC is all about showing Amazon S3 interacting with an iOS app. The app would record a video, upload to Amazon S3 and stream the video using Elastic Transcoder and CloudFront.
- We created two buckets – inpubucket & outputtrans
- Set up a pipeline from incoming bucket (inpubucket) to output bucket (outputtrans).
- Created the cloudfront Url for the output bucket.
- Configured Lambda on inpubucket for creating automatic job in Elastic Transcoder for transcoding as soon the video comes in the incoming S3.
- Created HTML file to play video on browser using jwplayer using cloudfront url.
This project had a lot of challenges as it was comprised of too many moving parts and systems. Looking at the architecture diagram it becomes clear the work which needed to be put in.
Our solution was to leverage existing software and platforms. We decided on Wowza for capturing the input and to stream the video feed to AWS VOD and cloudfront for user consumption.
The result was a perfectly working system, which allowed uses to share their video feed on whatsapp